Friday, February 10, 2012

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes...

We switched kibble brands.

Although I adore Orijen and what they stand for as a company...DeLaney's tummy couldn't handle the stuff. So far, we have been blessed with a dog who isn't allergic to anything and is pretty much sensitive free. (I mean, this girl takes at least 1 bath a week and her skin barely flakes. SOOOO lucky.)

But in terms of her daily kibble - Orijen left her with one unsettled stomach. And when you live with boys - you quickly learn that they turn into little, whiny school girls once they realize that the stink is not coming from their backsides. So, tired of hearing complaints from the peanut gallery, and for Laney's sake - Orijen had to go.

Finding a new brand that I liked as much as Orijen, well it turned out to be quite the research project. There are many high ranking products out there. So what did this Mommy do in the end? I went for the convenience factor...of course!

Castor & Pollux Organix Adult Canine Dry Formula:


Castor & Pollux Organix Adult Canine Canned Formulas:




Don't get me wrong, convenience is not the only reason I chose this brand. I mean it's definitely easy to purchase; I've seen it in every pet store imaginable. But that doesn't mean it's flippin' Alpo or Purina! Their standards are still high even though they are a huge manufacturing company.

A few reasons why I decided to go with this brand:

-CONVENIENCE (AS STATED ABOVE): IT'S AVAILABLE ON BOTH AMAZON.COM & AMAZONFRESH.COM (PRIME SHIPPING TOO)
-PRICE: IT'S ABOUT 15 DOLLARS LESS THAN ORIJEN
-ALL INGREDIENTS FROM USA & CANADA (NO CHINA FOLKS)
-ALL INGREDIENTS EXCEEDS OR MEETS USDA NATIONAL ORGANIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS...WHICH MEANS: NO PESTICIDES, NO SYNTHETIC FERTILIZERS, NO ANTIBIOTICS, NO GROWTH HORMONES, NO GMO'S, NO MEAT BY-PRODUCTS, NO ARTIFICIAL PRESERVATIVES, COLORS OR FLAVORS...AND NO CORN/WHEAT/SOY.
-CANNED WET FOOD SELECTION (CANNED HAS HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF PROTEIN / I LIKE TO MIX INTO HER KIBBLE FOR AN EXTRA PROTEIN BOOST SINCE ORGANIX OVERALL HAS LESS PROTEIN THAN ORIJEN)

So...we are still in the transition mode. We shall see if we stick with the new formula. As of right now, she seems to love it; gobbles it down within minutes. And as for the deadly gases -- they have calmed dramatically. And when a wave does present itself, it's not as offensive (well at least I think so). I'm sure my girly roommates are appreciating the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment