Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Arrival

Finally, we have Finnegan. I'm so excited to have him.


We arrived in Tucson the day before he did -- we had a pretty intense traveling schedule over December. He was suppose to be delivered at the beginning of December, but since we weren't going to be in Tucson -- our breeder Terri was SO kind to board him for an addition month. She is one of the most kindest people I've ever met. A genuinely good person, who is 110% commented to her pups. I thank God we have her in our lives. 

Terri sent us this photo of Finnegan in December

He came on Alaska Airlines. He didn't get sick or have any accidents in his crate, which was great. He came along with a bunch of goodies too -- including an awesome Seattle Mariners blanket! I knew I chose the best breeder in Washington. Go Ms! The first thing that I noticed about Finn, is that he is extremely confident. The strong, silent type. I'm going to like this lil man.

As I mentioned before, we had arrived in Tucson the day before -- late. So we spent the night in a hotel, and hadn't even picked DeLaney up from her daycare. We got the keys to our new rental earlier that morning -- so Dean and I split up. Dean took Finnegan to the new house. And I went and picked up DeLaney. She was extremely excited to see me -- and a bit frantic. Poor thing. She had a rough morning, I scheduled a bath and haircut so I'd have a freshly groomed pup to come home to. But, like the trooper she is -- she let the grooming happen and was happy and smelling fresh when I arrived.

The meet...I recorded it on my phone. It went rather well. DeLaney at first didn't give Finnegan any attention, and only wanted to snuggle me. But after a few moments, puppy play took place and they have been best friends ever since. This makes me extremely happy!

So the trio becomes a quartet. Welcome to our family Finnegan.






No comments:

Post a Comment