Thursday, October 24, 2013

What I Did On My Summer Vacation...

Scelena and My Before (May 2013) & After (July 2013) Travel Photos

I traveled to 7 different countries in Southeast Asia & Western Australia! And had an amazing time doing so! We traveled in Indonesia, Western Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and South Korea from May 7th - July 29th. I blogged my entire adventure at the link below:

http://passportnecessary.wordpress.com/

After returning, Dean swept me away for a 5 day stay at the Salish Lodge in Snoqualmie, WA. Talk about romantic! It was the best way to recover from jet lag. I slept 9 hour nights, and took 2 hour naps daily. It was beyond peaceful. We had a lovely time reconnecting after our 3 month separation.


Once we returned to Tucson, the packing began. That's right! We are returning home to Seattle, WA. Dean is involved in a start-up located in Seattle, and so off we go! He had to immediately travel once we returned home, so I was left to pack the house. I've become quite the pro at packing since this was our 5th move in the last 3 years. If I move ever again, it will be too soon!



Two weeks after returning home from my travels, I had to finish packing, and hop on a flight to Seattle, WA for a wedding on Whidbey Island. I played the role of the Maid of Honor, and enjoyed seeing my dear friend, "beat me down the isle." Yes, I did say that in my speech, and it was got some pretty good laughs.


Soon after the wedding, I stayed for a week to enjoy some much needed family time. And of course, go to the annual Dave Matthews Band concert at the gorge. And finally, a road trip back home to Seattle!

Sissy and Me at the Saturday Show

The Head and the Heart (Sunday Show)

Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge (Sunday Show)

After a weekend of pure music bliss, my sister dropped me off at the airport for Tucson, AZ. Immediately off the plane, Dean and I drove to Los Angeles (our first stop on our road trip back to Seattle, WA). I was exhausted. My sister and I barely got any sleep over the DMB concert weekend, and jumping off of a plane to drive 8 hours makes a girl very sleepy! But we love our road trips!

DeLaney & Finnegan Meeting Me at the Airport

California Coastline

Finnegan Relaxing in the BackSeat

Onward to San Francisco

The Golden Gate Bridge

My First Time Driving Over the Golden Gate Bridge!

The Dog's NOT Enjoying HWY 101

Welcome to the Redwoods!

Dean Enjoying some Redwood Forest Time

DeLaney Sleeping with A Pillow in the Back

The View from our Beach House in Cannon Beach

The Vacation Rental's HUGE Backyard in Cannon Beach

We Finally Decided to Take Out the Nice Camera -- Beach Time

Finnegan's First Time Seeing the Ocean (DeLaney's 3rd)

Enjoying the Water



Once in Washington, I stayed with my family again for another week with the dogs. My parents had to meet Finnegan! We had a lovely time in Doggy Disneyland (my parent's backyard is a wonderland for them). My Dad played ball with them everyday...they were definitely sad to leave!

DeLaney & Finnegan with Their Uncle Gary

Exhausted from LOTS of Fetch Games!

Can We Come Back Inside, So We Can Beg To Go Back Out!?

Now we are settling in our new home in Seattle. And the pups are loving it. They have a backyard, a lovely neighborhood to walk in, and a BIG old house to rest in. They are in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment